Dan Kurek For St. Lucie County Commission District 2
- St. Lucie County resident since 1972
- Homeowner and tax payer since 1975, 21 years in Fort Pierce and 22 years in Port St. Lucie (District 2).
- Over 30 years of finance, planning and administrative experience with county government, city government, school board, local businesses, banking and nonprofits.
- Small business owner
- Holds degree in mathematics and science. Credited accounting courses
A definition of leadership is “the ability someone has to motivate and empower others to achieve a goal.”
I have shown the ability of leadership my entire life.
- I was foreman over 15 to 20 workers on the family farm when I was in high school and college.
- I was a 7th and 8th grade mathematics teacher in Martin County.
- I was the assistant manager of a local mobile home park.
- I was the office manager at Flowers Baking Company in Fort Pierce.
- I was Finance Director for St. Lucie Clerk of Court.
- I was the first Assistant County Administrator for St. Lucie County.
- I was Chairman of TRICO Insurance Consortium.
- I was the President of St. Lucie County Credit Union
- I was Manager/Treasurer of St. Lucie Community Credit Union
- I was the Chairman of the Port St. Lucie Citizens Budget Committee
- I was the Chairman of the St. Lucie School District Budget Committee
- I was the Chairman of the St. Lucie County Citizen Budget Committee
- I am the Chairman of the Planning & Zoning Board of Port St. Lucie.
- I have been in leadership positions since I was 15 years old. Leadership can only be achieved with experience and skill.